Re: Identify this car badge - lion/dragon surrounded by 3 knives/swords.

Erm......don't you mean /100_1195,1196 & 1197.jpg?? 8^]

Dave

Reply to
Dafydd

snipped-for-privacy@spoof.org.uk declared for all the world to hear...

Could be, 'twas early in the morning!

Reply to
Jon

Well, I'm normally like a dog with a bone - I won't give up, but I have to admit it's finally beaten me! If SWMBO knew the time I'd spent on this, I'd be out on me ear. I've looked at the grille and boot badges of the Mk1 Zephyr at:-

but they are bigger than your badge and have (I think) 'Ford Product' in a black area at the bottom of the badge. So, I think your badge is Ford,

50s, but used on what, I can't say. Rare? probably. Valuable? possibly.

I'll see if one of my lads can put these piccys on the counter at the motor spares place where he works to see if anyone else can come up with the answer. A copy will also circulate in a Jag plant.

Sorry, Dave

Reply to
Dafydd

Reply to
SYLVIA WALKER

SYLVIA WALKER ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're thinking Vauxhall...

can symbolise envy, war, pestilence, and viciousness Yup, definitely a Vauxhall...

Reply to
Adrian

Absolutely. In the 11th and 12th centuries, alchemists studied wyverns at great length for their well-known ability to oxidise metallic elements, particularly alloys of iron. It is believed that the alchemists saw great promise in the wyvern in respect of the plumbic to auric transmutation method that they also sought.

Reply to
Dean Dark

snipped-for-privacy@spoof.org.uk declared for all the world to hear...

Dave, no need to apologise mate, you've got me a long way so far. I'll keep trying this end also. Your assistance is appreciated!

Reply to
Jon

Erm... Where did they catch the wyverns, then?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Wyevale.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Luton Airport, innit?

Reply to
Adrian

Well, one of them used to run a pub at the bottom of Eaton Green Road. Did such a good job of it, the pub still bears his name. Now fairly popular with students, as there is a halls of residence next door, and a kebab van parks outside on a weekend.

Reply to
Elder