top gear last night?

anyone catch it? was a classic episode i thought. the ugly award going to the entire new BMW range hehe and the most boring F1 driver too hehe

Reply to
Vamp

I quite like most of BMWs new stuff. They're not really photogenic tho, it's the sort of stuff that you have to see in the flesh (or metal) to 'get' it tho. It has real presence next to more mainstream stuff.

Reply to
Lordy

yeah - the Z4 is much nicer than the Z3, new 7 grows on you (but needs bigger wheels...) and the new 5 is very distinctive yet looks very smart.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'd agree with that... rather like the new Megane, thougt it was ugly at first (that arse!) but the more I see it, there is something about the design of it that says its very modern, fashionable and wotnot. Can't say what though, maybe its just the shutlines or panel creases or something. GF still says I'm not allowed though... James

Reply to
James

i'll stick to boxy 80 mobiles for a while to the shit car design that most makers are suffering from fades off :)

Reply to
Vamp

Sorry, I don't like 'em at all, and I've been a big fan of the BM shapes for years. It seems as if a stylist has been let loose to "Pretty Up" the overall picture. The shape itself is good though.

Totally agree! My new 5 looks better every time I look at it... Photo's don't do it justice...

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

i still have a soft spot for the old 80's BMW's, would love an '88 3 series :)

Reply to
Vamp

I've got an E39 - 528. Nothing like as nice looking as my last E34 525 - at least to me. And I *hate* the look of the new ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Indeed - a nice Evo Sport (the mental revvy 4-pot), or the more insurance friendly 318is. Looked for an 'is' recently, but they seem to be quite rare :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I agree, they don't photo well.

I do think they got it wrong, but it turned out "right" in the end.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo