89 740GL Ran last night ok this morning.....

I went to the store last night, my 740 fired up no problem drive a few blocks to the g-store. Got real cold overnight. My wife hit the key it fired, stalled, now it wont start. I gave it a shot of starting fluid, nothing(figured it would atleast try to fire). Turns over fine. I took the coil off and it checks to specs. Now where would I try next? The fuel pump relay? The fuel pump? It warmed up to around 30 today and still nothing btw.

Reply to
Ken Burt

Check the ignition amplifier and it's connector and the ICU and connector.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

I'm fairly new to snow country, but some reliable locals tell me the plugs can glaze with ice if they fire once and the engine stalls. The condensation can be removed with a torch or hairdryer when the plugs are removed.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

That's the classic condition for timing belt teeth to shear off where they run on the crank shaft. Be sure the belt is turning the cam shaft first.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Dietz

I still seem to have to re-learn this lesson each time - check if there is a spark at one plug then check there is fuel to the carb/injector distributor, then work back.

Reply to
jg

Does it have a spark? If so then starting fluid should at least make it fire.

Reply to
James Sweet

Ken Burt wrote in news:Xns95E7A3564DCC1kbert00comcast@216.196.97.136:

I found the fuel pump relay somehow had gotten loose and wasn't making contact. Pushed it down and slam bam thank ya mam it fired up. Thanks for everyones help. I felt real helpless and BAY never give me any trouble before.

Reply to
Ken Burt