VW Camper Van - Ouch

Perhaps how you shouldn't use a classic VW camper van.....

John & Lisa

John & Lisa ( snipped-for-privacy@notachancebobby.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Looks fine to me. Plenty of momentum to get through the water.

It got through - did it stay running, though?

Reply to
Adrian

Oh I dunno - it seems to have survived...

Reply to
Fran

Adrian wrote in news:Xns97F2B5D90CE67adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170:

I have a hankering for one of those. Helped a mate do one up about 20 years ago and we all went camping in it. Him, his wife, me, my wife, and his three kids. Bloody great fun. We often talked about a Porshe conversion for it... but when you're camping you're not really in a hurry.

Reply to
Tunku

I have been helping a freind to get one through an MOT recently.

All I would say, based on your post is this....They are 20 years older now.

Mechanical stuff can be fixed or replaced but the rust is a nightmare, if you do get one, take a magnet with you to help identify how much of the original body is left.

They are cool though.

Kurt.

Reply to
Jellyfinger

The youngest bay window you will find is now 27 years old, stopped making them in 1979 in Germany, can still get new from Brazil.

I had one upto last November, and even though it looked great and went through last 3 MOT's with nothing being done, it's only a matter of time... Now got a 1990 T3 (T25) High Top, so a bit younger.

Yep Cool and fun.

Reply to
Andy Vines