Weber DGV problems(new) on Spitfire

The deal:

New Weber DGV 32/36, manual choke & 4-2-1 header on a '79 Spitfire(USA).

I hooked everything up, checked for leaks(none), but it doesn't wish to idle.

Symptoms:

If I start it up, it fires, but dies instantly. If i start it up with choke pulled out, RPMS go like crazy. If I keep revving it, it runs. But the RPMs have a mind of their own, going up and down as it pleases.

The only thing I haven't mucked around with is the fuel floats. What do I need to set it to?

When this thing's done, it should hopefully blow the doors off the old Stromberg.

Reply to
Spitfire 1500

Clean the idle jet --- use a very thin single strand of thin soft cooper wire then it blow through , then unscrew the idle mixture adjustement screw 2.5 turns as an approximate setting

Reply to
AWM