Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA 1966 MORRIS MINOR TRAVELLER
1
1

Wanted mk1 mexico or rs 2000
there are a couple for sale on
3
3

A usefull website just incase..
God Forbid if it happens but these guys are brilliant.
5
5

wanted Morris Minor 1000 parts in SE Wales
Clutch kit, gearbox (rebuilt or just very very good), front brake drums which are true. Cash waiting (rustle rustle!) Any offers?
1
1

wanted parts for ford consul
wanted parts for ford conusl mark one 1953. cash paid. please reply to newsgroup.

Land Rover Chassis Number
Afternoon Does anyone here know exactly where the chassis number is on a land rover chassis, series II, SWB, early '70s I believe? A friend of mine has one and the number was removed when he had some...
1
1

Silver Shadow I door?
Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate as to how much the rear passenger side door for a '66 Silver Shadow would be overseas, or a link to a breaker? My '66 was plowed into by someone running a red...
1
1

Triumph TR 4, 4A, 5, 250
Someone have a car for sale? Regards Jan Andersen

FOR SALE: MGB GT £475
MGB GT 1976, Black. Mot Failure, requires welding on inner and outer sills, a wheel bearing and king pin kit for MOT. Excellent Gold Seal unleaded engine, very reliable. Runs and drives perfectly. A...

MG B : Noise on rear axle
Hello, My 1972 MG B GT has a problem on the rear axle : when accelerating, I get a "clang" sound like if somethimg was loose. The differential is probably OK because there is no particular noise when...
2
2

just bought (maybe) MG B 63
Hi all, It seem I let the better part of me buy a 63 MG B (USA), now before I fork over the cash, what are the things I should look for in this bargain car. She probably will need a brake job and ......
29
29

Unusual sighting
I was in Falmouth a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a Morris Oxford Countryman in a station car park. I don't think these are particularly common. I have never seen one in any of the shows I have...
4
4

Re: A-series distributors
AFAIK the difference is in the collar on the bottom of the shaft that engages with the distributor drive shaft in the engine. The A+ drive has wider slots in it so the corresponding lugs on the dizzy...
14
14

Re: How do I convince the missus?
Here is my working strategy : First bought myself a Peugeot 404 67 convertible (second family car) and drove my better half on lots of lovely picnics. Then bought father-in-laws Alfa Guilietta for...

Re: Caught Speeding Delivering Transplant Organs
Absolutely not. I think it is disgraceful that a high-profile and supposedly responsible organisation such as the GMB should take this stance. It is encumbent upon all drivers, including those in the...
3
3