1986 antenna

How does one best get the faulty radio antenna removed? from which direction - doesn't seem to be any room in which to work.

ssome

Reply to
ssome

joevett

It is a bit of a pain. You have to unscrew a piece of plastic (if I remember correctly) with your left hand blindly.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Big pain in the butt...you might get to it if you remove the left side tail lights..also a big pain since now you also have to remove the license plate ....as best as I can remember the whole procedure was a mess and very time consuming for what should have been a simpler task.

Also while you are at it you might consider updating to a late model antenna..they are much more reliable.( see ECKLERS )

Reply to
Lone Wolf

My mechanic was able to do it without taking off the wheel or anything else in my garage. He did remove the plastic "trim" work in the hatchback compartment to get to the wiring etc. No need to rip the rear end apart if the guy knows what he's doing.

Reply to
bluvette

i did that to unplug the ant relay to stop it from grinding down the battery but, a lot more would have to be removed to get to even see the ant housing. thanks to all

ssome

Reply to
ssome