Help justifying a vette

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:50:04 -0400, "Windad" puked:

Don't take this the wrong way, but grow some balls and tell the old ball and chain that if you drive the crappy car you drive now, you are only gonna be able to pick up ugly girls with diseases. If you get a vette, you'll get a better class of broads and you won't be bringing any clap home to her. Butch up, pal.

;)

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

sounds like ya never could afford any perks in life :-) note: ya gotta pay to play Tikbalang ............

Reply to
'Key

You guys are picking on Tikbalang, but I see exactly what he is doing.

You asked for justification, and like I did, you got an answer about justification. There is none. You want sensible, buy a Cobalt or a Focus or like Tikbalang said, ride the bus.

Corvettes are not about justification. They are not about sensible. They are about emotions. They are about going fast, wind in your hair, around a corner like you can't believe, and then doing it all over and over again.

Plain and simple, if you want one, go get it.

Just don't try to justify it as cheaper than a girlfriend, better than therapy, etc. Just go buy the thing.

But only after you ask here and a few other places for advice on what to buy and what to look for.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Boy I sure reconize thoise brand names... My wife is hung up on Berninas... $$$$ for the machine is one thing but ghee the cost of a computer and software sure drives up the price ... At least I get shirts& hats "custom" made for me...and my wife enjoys "creating" items for herself... so I'm a happy man...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Many thanks to all who have responded.

Several have pointed out that if she buys into the car by getting some benefit out of it, things will go easier. I think that's right, but I need to look for a combination that works for her. She isn't the "hair blowing in the wind - high society" type of woman. But if she enjoys being in the car... well, it's gotta help. The challenge is to understand the pleasurable side of it from her perspective before I buy the car. If I just buy the car, she will feel like I have jammed her, yet again, and I'll never get a chance to show her it is fun. That happened with the Harley. She never got on it with me.

I really want to avoid buying the car in spite of her objection. Done things like that before, and it's a great way to win battles and lose wars. Those of you married for a long time know what I'm talking about. Sometimes the shortest distsnce between two points is not a straight line.

However, this forum is about vettes, so I shall cease and desist with all non-vette discussion.

thanks

Reply to
Windad

Too bad you didn't keep the Harley just a little longer, since she didn't like it, it might have come in handy as a bargaining chip.

W> Many thanks to all who have responded.

Reply to
WayneC

Homer

Reply to
Homer Brinlee

'I need some good reasons why this would be a good idea. I can't really use the "investment" argument. I just sold a Harley I owned for 7 years, and I used the "investment" angle with it. While the bike held its value pretty well, she knows these things are not really decent investments from a financial perspective. '

REPLY: Id show her a nice picture of a 1970's Corvette and say :" Honey...I just want you to know something ; I think your curves are even better than the curves and lines of this gorgeous Corvette !" . After she is finished blushing and thanking you profusely, say :" I think YOU sitting in this Corvette would simply put icing on the cake and Id like to find one with an automatic transmission in your favorite color . Is your favorite color still _______"? (fill in the blank)

Then you tell her later on in the week, youre going to devout 'a little bit of time' to finding the right one that matches her .

Thats it..its just that simple. Let us know what she says .

Dave

1970 Coupe, Big ol'Block with all the trimmings.
Reply to
dave

its a toy.. u dont have to justify toys

JCORVETTE 72&75

Personally I'd tell here it's either a new model vette or a new model wife - her choice!

Reply to
Andrew DeFaria