eletrical problems

I just installed a new cd player in my dodge neon but the interior lights fuse keeps blowing in the PDC under the hood. I lose all lights and my new cd player. I don't understand this should not be happening but it is. I have checked the stereo wiring harness twice and just for safe measure had someone else check it and it's wired properly. This fuse keeps blowing and I can not figure it out. Anyone with suggestions around this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
sspeicher

Sounds like you are powering your cd player from the interior light circuit which is causing the fuse to blow. Try running a seperate power wire for the cd player.

Reply to
Mike

If it just happened after installing the radio go back and disconnect the (not sure about color) illumination wire. I think it is an orange or pink wire and see if the short goes away

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower