Key won't turn

Not sure what to do but I tried to start my car this morning and the key wouldn't turn in the ignition as if the key was the wrong key. I tried to turn the wheel thinking that may be the problem but the key still won't turn at all in the ignition. It's as if the key had been changed. I don't know what's going on with it and it's a Dodge Caravan '03. Can you help me?

Reply to
peekaboo75

I too had this same problem with a '99 Plymouth Voyager. It turned out that it was the whole key assembly unit and I had to have it replaced. Fortunately it was still under warranty. The serviceman said that he has seen this happen frequently!

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

So what's the problem? I start cars all the time without a key. Chisel off the ignition lock and start it with a screwdriver stuck into the switch body.

I suppose you're going to complain about not being able to get into the car with the key? Use a bent coat hangar or a Slim Jim. Professional tools, for me.

Hector

Reply to
Hector Gonzalez

Reply to