programming key fob '99 Durango

My son just bought a '99 Durango from a local used car lot. They gave him 1 key fob but it doesn't work. They told him it was probably dead batteries. He replaced the batteries and it's still not working.

As a young guy he did not add it to the list of what should be corrected as part of the sale. He also didn't get the owners manual.

Could someone tell me how to program the key fob for the Durango? I've been searching the net and haven't found anything specific to the '99.

Thanks!

Jim

Reply to
jameslinch

It has to be done at the dealer using the DRB scan tool

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks! I'll let him know!