Tailgate cannot open

I cannot open the tailgate of my 1999 Plymouth Voyageur.The lock is seized. I have tried using WD40 with persistence and it has not worked. Is there a way I can open my rear door. I cannot even get the key in the lock.

Thanks

Reply to
drdecker

The problem is the electric door lock acuator if frozen, you have to remove the hatch panel from inside the vehicle and relase the latch that way

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks Guys,

I think actually both of you are right! I am getting a noise when my doors lock electronically! I also think the lock is seized as well. I will try your advice tommorrow!

Reply to
drdecker