won't start

My 2001 dodge grand caravan won't start I got a trouble code P1684. does anyone know what it means.

Reply to
jack49

"jack49" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

p1684 just means the pcm's power source was disconnectted less than 50 key cycles ago.

Sounds like your battery went flat.......battery charger, battery and alternator tests would be a start to fixing the problem I guess.

Reply to
propman

Thanks for the reply propman, but the batt was on the charger all evening after It would not start. It's either not getting spark or fuel. I can hear the fuel pump working. It almost fired after a shot of ether but can was empty. I'll leave the charger on all day tomorrow as I won't have time to work on it.As for the code I remember last week when it was over 100 degrees in Chicago it took a couple of cranks to fire, maybe thats were the code P1684 came from.

Reply to
jack49