07 2500 RAM CTD

OK, now I am getting in to the little stuff that drives me nuts. The Ram is awesome and I will never go back to gas again. I am a diesel head forever.
BUT, I can't shut off the stupid horn chirp when I am locking the doors. I have asked the dealer and all he said was to RTFM. Brilliant................
It says to stand outside the vehicle, hold the lock button for 4 seconds but less then 10, then press the panic button and then to let go of both at the same time.
the wife and I have both tried it at least a dozen times. We have reread the manual probably that many times as well. NO LUCK.
I am thinking the manual is wrong, but I have no idea what key combination will shut off the chirp. I did it in my 92 Dakota, my 02 Ram and my 04 Ram with no problems.
Any ideas? Wayne

I kept going on google and finally got a hit at http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t 9133
It seems that this is a feature that cannot be disabled like the manual describes. I hope I find the guy who told me to read the manual.
If anyone does know of a fix. let me know.
thanks wayne

I'd been planning on doing this with on new '06 3500. Doors unlocked, push lock button and hear the chirp, continue holding lock button for about six seconds, push panic button, release both at same time, no more chirp. Seemed to work fine on mine Thanks going over the process on here so I didn't have to look it up in the book.
bb

took it to the dealer. It took the guy about 10 minutes as he couldn't find it in the StarScan menu. He told me that there is some sort of bug in the programming for the 5.9 CTD 2500 RAM.
Oh well, didn't cost anything othere then my time
wayne
Wayne J. wrote:

Did he get the chirp turned off, or did he look for it for 10 minutes and quit?
--
Ken

he got it turned off. It took him three tries though
wayne