17" Firestone Transforce HT in Load Range E

I've been looking for a quiet highway tire that will never leave asphalt. I finally found another option for a 17" Load Range E tire for my truck. Firestone now makes their Transforce HT in a 10 ply version.

Tirerack.com rated this tire better than the Michelin LTX A/S in every category.

Even though Tirerack does not show this tire in 265/70/17, it is available at Firestone dealers in 10 ply at $140 each.

Does anyone here have any experience with this tire?

How accurate do you think Tirerack's surveys are?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John