1999 Ram 1500...lots of problems!!

Ed that's a wonderful offer. I wish more people would show their appreciation like you do. If the OP is in the DFW area I will fix the truck for her also.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Not a damn thing and yet, Greg is 100% correct.

Reply to
TBone

I guess comparing a race car to a street car to substantiate a point makes sense to you. One has absolutley nothing to do with the other except perhaps finance.

Reply to
Roy

So far he hasn't given me any type of plow advise. I almost wish he would just so we could add another chapter to the book. Was it this group or the chevy group where he was giving tire recommendations for plowing?? That was some good reading also.

Relativly speaking...maybe. He's about a hour/hour and a half south of me. That makes him more of a neighbor that say you or Red but he's still well out of rifle range.

One of us would leave a better man, just can't decide who.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

That is because you are not looking at the big picture. We are talking about perception here, not the vehicles. While it is true that these race trucks have damn little in common with there street versions, not everybody makes that distinction. Young people who may be buying these vehicles down the road are more likely to go with the winners they see on TV (perception of toughness and coolness) and right now, that happens to be Toyota. Even I see it as factory commitment and technology and if Dodge cannot win a single race, that really doesn't say much for DC's commitment or technology.

Reply to
TBone

I've got a Mortar you could borrow. We've got some Howitzers here in the high country, also.

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

"Support or Troops" is more than just a phrase for me. That's why I regularly donate to such organizations as: Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society -

Army Emergency Relief -
USO -

And, I've been known to an>

Reply to
Ed H.

It's the perception that they have the engineering ability to get the job done, plain and simple. And if they are willing to put that much money into R&D for a race car then what are they willing to spend on R&D for their everyday ride? Back that up with GM droping it's goodwrench sponsership making them look like the're going belly up.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

BINGO!!!!! And where that money is going to produce a better product.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Along with things like how many years Dodge produced an engine that sucked up plemum gaskets and doing nothing about it while being well aware of the problem. If you knowingly sell a flawed product it will eventually bite you in the ass. That is what the American auto makers are up against now.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I'm not quite sure I'd know what to do with either one of 'em but I'm sure I'd be smiling trying to figure it out...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Pretty good, but it was 1947 when the aliens crashed at Roswell. C'mon - get yer facts straight! :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

And, there's nothing in Area 51. It's just a coordinate on a U.S. Geological Survey map.

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

Young people aren't really all that interested in performance imo. It is all about flash and a large exhaust.

Well, I have to tell ya I'm pretty damned inpressed with the Charger SRT I bought. The 6.1 hemi dosen't seem to lack for a thing. the same can be said for the rest of the car as well.

How many dodge teams are there?

Reply to
Roy

Well it looks like we are about to find out now aren't we?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yep, nothing there:

GeekBoy

No Tom, it wuz 1951... you just don't understand the physics of it....

sheesh

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Greg:

All manufacturers have certain prob's that are unique to their products..... ask around about Toyota engine sludge prob's whydon'tcha? Even holier than thou Toyota ain't perfect.

As far as NASCAR, I would remind you that DC quit supporting the NCTS last year and has been concentrating on the Nextel Cup. Toyota will do well simply because they are pouring the bucks into the program. Throw enough money at anything and you can do most anything.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

I just had repairs made on my '99 2500. The same thing was going on (ABS, brake and speedometer). The speed sensor was bad, but so were the rear brakes. You might get them checked out as well.

Reply to
NurseTracy

OOOhhhh.... must be a metric calendar

Reply to