2003 Hemi Ram red stuff in oil filler?

Well, I was checking my oil and stuff while I was adding washer fluid this morning, and for the first time, at 33K, I was down to the add mark on the dipstick, so I went to add a half quart of Mobil 1. When I unscrewed the oil filler cap, there was a little moisture inside, just clear water drops, no "scuzz", but the entire inside of the filler cap was coated with this brick red stuff, almost like it's painted on. It's not rust, and it doesn't rub off with a paper towel. I've never seen anything like it before.

Is this the way it normally is, or is this something I should ask about when I take it to the dealer for it's last visit before the bumper to bumper warranty expires?

TIA,

BDK

Reply to
BDK

lil_red_dodge_sport

On my old 2003 2500 Hemi the red stuff was chunks of Fords it had swallowed up and spat out.

Reply to
MoParMaN

TB?

Reply to
.boB

Is it safe to say that at 33k miles you have never changed the oil and/or filter?

FMB

Reply to
FMB

LOL, the oil has been changed every 3K, with Mobil 1, and yes the filter too.

It was the first time I ADDED any oil between changes, and I don't do it myself any more, too much of a hassle and I have a bad shoulder..

I'm going to mention it to the dealer and also see if I can check my neighbor's 2004 to see if it is the same.

BDK

Reply to
BDK

LOL, it sure killed my friend's 5.4 F150 in a little race on private land. That thing's a slug.

BDK

Reply to
BDK

Hmm. maybe..