Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 Ram flywheel rubbing
Starting hearing a metal pinging noise under my Ram (5.2L, 4x4) when I would pull out and under load. Pulled starter and inspection plate off tranny. Found that the flywheel bolts are rubbing...
1
1

1997 Dodge Ram 'Death Wobble'
My 1997 truck had recently developed a violent shake of the front end when I'm on the highway and approach speeds of 50 MPH. It feels like the axels are going to come right off - very scary. I've...
6
6

Strange Oil Pressure Problem -- 1999 Dodge RAM 1500
I have a 1999 Dodge RAM 1500 with 5.9L V8. I started having a strange problem. If, like before a traffic light, I brake to come to stop, _sometimes_ the oil pressure gauge would tilt all the way to...
7
7

rear end whine on '98 Ram 1500
I have a '98 Ram QC 1500, 92k miles, 2wd, Auto, 5.9 V-8 w/ 3.55 sure grip axle. The differential has developed a high pitched whine that increases in pitch with speed, simultaneously the ABS and Brake...
80
80

Is smaller spare ok on AWD?
Is using a smaller diameter tire ok or will it cause problems on my 2004 AWD Durango? I want to replace the stock 245/70/17's with 265/65/17's but would rather not have to buy another spare as well...
25
25

1991 4wd W250 Brake Rotor Question
Can someone give me a brief description of how to take the brake rotor off my '91 4wd W250? Does the hub have to come off or can I remove the caliper and somehow get the rotor off without removing the...
2
2

'01 Dakota Low Oil Pressure at idle - New engine needed?
I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota with a 3.9 V6, and 58,000 miles. Recently, when stopped at a stop light, the oil pressure needle drops to the bottom. It happens consistently. In fact anytime the engine is...
11
11

Dodge Ram Van 3500 1-Ton
I just bought a very high mileage 1997 Dodge Ram Van 3500 with a wheelchair lift. Early indications are the front ball joints are shot. What other problems am I most likely to encounter with this...
2
2

92 W250 won't start
My 92, W250, 360 V8 won't start. Some initial tests proved it has no spark. So, I tried to check for voltage at the coil primary with a test lamp. Nothing. Got out my scanner and checked for codes,...
10
10

Noise Sounds Like Dragging Muffler
I have a 2001 Dakota and it is making a noise from behind the cab somewhere that sounds like I'm dragging my muffler (metal on the road sound) or something rattling under the bed. Nothing is dragging...
9
9

Color codes alternator wires
I posted this in and either they think their too smart to answer or they don't really know. Old dodge van, 70's vintage. Alternator wires from back view, two small gauge ones, one is green other red....
11
11

First truck or vehicle at that
I?m looking at a 01 dodge for 3,000 what should I look for it already has 180k miles on it
5
5

I own a 1997 Dodge B2500 van 3.9l
The van has problems staying on unless I press on the gas after that once I put it in drive I'm fine
1
1

1997 Dodge Ram Van B2500 Keeps Stalling / What Do I Need To Do ? Thanks
Even At Stop Lights ,Or When Engine Is Been Running For 30 Minutes

1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3.9L won't start Followup THANK YOU
2
2

1995 Dodge 1500 360 random no start/rough running
I have been working on my friend's truck here and there for a while now. He called me today and said that the truck crapped out and wouldn't restart.. I went to look at it and had good fuel pressure...
23
23

Ramcharger w/failed charging system. Stuck and need help/advice.
Truck details: 86 Dodge Ramcharger SE, 360 4x4, auto, tilt, no A/C. Problem: Charging system failure. Symptoms: Electrical outputs diminished (things light light output, power windows and wipers are...
6
6

'04 Dakota blowing brake light fuse daily!
HELP! My 2004 Dakota Quad Cab, 4.7ltr. V8, 5Spd Auto with A/C, Trailer Tow Group (34K miles) has been popping "stop lamp" or brake light fuses every day for a few weeks now and I cannot locate the...
3
3

47RE lockup
Does anyone know what controls the shifts and torque converter lockup when turning OD back on? My transmission does not slip or shift erratically at all when I leave the OD button turned on. If I turn...
14
14

Differentiate: Alternator, or belt or pulleys?
I posted this once before, but not really good answers. Old dodge van mid 70's, 318. Alternator had spacer that one bolt slipped in. Long time ago I lost the spacer and used washers to align the...
10
10