Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Dakota Transmission Questions
I have had a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7 v8 for a year.... Noticing trouble shifting into 3rd gear sometimes must take foot off gas to make the gear change. Overall feeling that slippage is occuring. When...

Strange Sound on a 2001 Ram 1500.
Hi, I get this wierd sound while driving my truck, at low speeds its not noticable, but at higher speeds say 30+ mph it gets louder and more noticable. Anyway it sounds like its coming from the front...
3
3

48 RE DESIGNED TO FAIL???
I found this in another forum: --------------------------- 48 RE DESIGNED TO FAIL??? I have been building transmissions for over 25 years and the 48 RE transmission is definitely stronger that the...
12
12

04 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI stalls.
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 with the Hemi engine. recently when it idles below 750 rpms it stalls. It only usually happends when I am slowing down and have let off the gas. I also have noticed that when...
8
8

RAM CTD horns have no fuse!!!!
I have been having problems with my dealer installed car alarm. I have very little faith that car alarms actually help with vehicle theft, but the dealer installs alarms on every car that they sell....
5
5

Auto-Manual Swap
I just purchased a 1991 Dodge Ram 250 4x4 with the 12V Cummins and an automatic tranny. So far I've had no problems with the automatic other than the fact that she does slip a little. Personally, I...
7
7

Misfiring at 40-50 mph +
I think the PCM problems / Wiring harness issues are continuing. It seems like I'm getting some mistimed firing at 40-50 mph or higher. Specifically when I apply the gas pedal at these speeds...Maybe...
3
3

FS: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 truck club cab. Short box "Sport" model. 5.9 liter V8, 91,000 miles 4 wheel drive Runs great, not perfect but pretty nice overall and priced to sell. I've used it mainly to commute...

haven't changed spark plugs in 4.5 years
but it's only been about 20k miles. I have a dakota 97 truck with about 87k miles on it. Do I need to change the plugs? I don't see any "symptoms", but i'm not sure what to look for. I'm just trying...
10
10

Replacing rear bearings on a Dodge pickup?
OK, if I suspend my truck's rear on jackstands and put the transmission in drive and try to turn the wheels, is it true that I would hear similar noise (similar to what I heard on the road) with the...
8
8

Rear wheel hop
First, the basics - '06 Ram QC, SB, 4X4, CTD, Anti-spin diff. On a recent camping trip, I thought I could save a little effort and back onto the beach to load my boat back on. Had the truck in four...
18
18

97 Dodge Ram Transmission
Hey All, Quick question about the automatic transmission on my dodge ram. I've noticed from time to time that when I go to start the truck, it wont start (even though its in park). I have to shift it...
3
3

brake problem 97 ram 1500 rwal
Hi all I have a 97 dodge ram 4x4 with rwal brakes, they feel ok when stopping normal , but in a fast or sudden stop where you press harder on the petal they seem to run out of reserve booster petal...

1993 Dodge Dakota check engine light
I have a 1993 dodge dakota with a 3.9 liter v-6. The check engine light is on. I turn the key 4 times to get the trouble codes. The codes I have gotten are 22, 23, and 45. I have replaced the coolant...

Just got a Dodge truck with a V-8 Cummins diesel
Yep, the truck has a 9.2L (555 CI) Cummins V-8 diesel engine hooked up to a 4 speed Allison automatic tranny (soon to be replaced with a 5 speed auto) and that is how it came from the factory. It's a...
2
2

2006 RAM 3500 Tow Limit 16250 lbs
I thought to stick this in a separate post from the original thread since it might make it easier to search the next time someone is looking for this. Answers found. Contrary to some numbers provided...
8
8

1999 Dodge Dakota 4x4 transfer case failure
I guess I blew this subject way a moment ago, sorry. I was trying to edit my comment. Anyway we lost the tranfer case at hiway speeds a couple of weeks ago. The Truck is a 1999 Dakota with a 5.1 V8...
21
21

Installing New Stero
I tried to go to this link and I was not ableto open it. Do you have any more suggestions on this particular topic. I wwould really like to install my own stero in my truck Thanks
3
3

OK Tom L. Code 43 again - EPILOG
Remember me? 97 Ram 1500 318 V8, Cyl #7 Misfire problems at idle, hold idle above 1000 rpm and no misfire. Well, our P0307 problems eventually came back again, about 6 weeks after using the Mopar CC...
12
12

Alpine vs Infinity
Picked up my 2006 Durango Limited last Thursday. I love it, but the Alpine sounds like crap compared to my '04 Durango's Infinity. Anyone notice the same?
13
13