coil spring spacer lift for ram 2500 4x4???

if i was to do this simple looking lift on my own what else beside the shocks should i replace and what size tires are recomended, iv herd 35 inch tires will fit but im not sure?

Reply to
craig_

why do you want to ruin what is probably a perfectly good truck? i think lifts in general are a bad idea for the street but if you feel you must, then do a suspension lift. it ain't cheap but do you want cheap? you will pay for the cheap one in the long run. i built an off road mud truck back in my younger days with 16 x 36 tires. driving it on the street was miserable.

if you want to play off road then build you a rock crawler or a mud buggy and tow it to the trails with your stock truck. you will be much better off in the long run.

the spacer lift is going to have a very negative impact on your ride quality and trucks overall geometry. if you can't afford to spend a lot of money on the lift you ain't going to be able to afford gas after you put a set of 35" tires on the truck. just because something will fit doesn't make it good. michael

Reply to
nunya

depending on how much of a lift u put on there is a lot more to do than u think. i put a lift on my old truck a supension and a body lift i hated the body lift on the body lift i had to extend the shift rod going to the trans. extend the steering shaft just drill out a couple holes then the bumpers had to be re fited the fan shroud i had to take the bottom half off there is a couple other things i had to do cant remember. now that was only the body lift. the suspension you may hafto extend the brake lines new pitman arm there a few other things you might hafto do. if you are going to do a lift do a supension lift go talk to people that have done them before if there is a off road place near you go talk to them. and dont do a half-ass job do it right. remember you hafto keep that truck under control i have seen some really bad lifts and i wonder how they keep that truck under control with out killing someone go do your homework first before jumping into it. not trying to talk you out of it this is just my opinion

Reply to
rick505

Dude,

Listen to RICK505, there is alot more involved with a lift kit than you think, putting bigger tires on your rig, will indoubt alter your speedometer, you will have less horsepower at the wheels, then you might have to consider a ring and pinion swap. Not to bad for the C9.25, but when it comes to the front Dana 44 if your equiped with that, you will need a new carrier, because depending on your gear ratio choice, there is a carrier break between 3:73 and 3:90. Just stick some 33" tire under it and be happy. My 97 Sport looks great with stock suspension and 33", sure i purchased new rims with a

4" backspace and it brings them right out to the wheel well.
Reply to
jlongx2

Guys, I'm pretty sure he was merely asking about the front coil spring spacer kit that raises the front only...to level out the truck. Its only a 2" spacer.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

What year?

Reply to
Nosey

this is a 2003ram and im onlything about putting a 2 inch coil spring spacer on it to bring the front end up and even with the back. as for the bigger tires yes my idea is to get some more meat between me and the south texas dirt roads.

Reply to
craig_