Cracked Dash

Have a 2000 Ram 1500 pickup and the upper portion (horizontal plastic portion behind windshield) suddenly cracked in several places.

Somebody suggested a dash cover, but I have checked with several parts outlets in the Dallas area and none had any knowledge of such a part or where to obtain one.

Anybody with any experience with a dash cover? Where to obtain one and installation problems?

The outlets I checked with a had a carpet type mat, but that is not what I wanted.

I am sure this gentle summer sunshine in Dallas caused the cracking (140 degrees inside a closed vehicle in August).

snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEmindspring.com

Remove REMOVE for direct E-Mail Reply

Reply to
Roy

J.C. Whitney has had them for years, haven't checked recently, and don't know if they have them for your vehicle, but it would be a place to start.

Cricket

Reply to
<ccole

I haven't installed one yet, but I probably will soon. The sun here in Fort Worth is bad too.

98-02 Ram dashtop from Geno's Garage:
Nosey

Thanks Nosey, just what I was looking for.

Roy

Reply to
Roy