CumminForum.com private?

I've never registered on this website but tried to since I recently bought me a Cummins Ram. It tells me my email addy has been banned and to contact the administrator. I did but no response. Is this website private by invite only or what? Anyone know the admins there?

Reply to
miles

Try

instead. Loads of good info. FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

a little plug for Nathan's forum, inlinediesel.com is a good forum with good guys. (some you may recognize from somewhere else *cof*)

Reply to
chris thompson

thank you chris. it really is a great group of fellow enthusiasts.

for more.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

anytime man =)

Reply to
chris thompson

Some places want you to use an email address besides hotmail, yahoo, google, etc.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Miles, I'm a little late getting to this but you might want to check out the TDR. It is a moderated site but I have yet to find one more informative when it comes to Cummins/Dodge info. The other sites mentioned are good, guess you have to find one that fit's your needs.

Here's the addy:

Roy

Reply to
Roy

TDR is also a corporate slave, with the main thrust of lining the owners pockets. If its inhabited by the same types thatwere there several years ago, its more "my truck is faster than yours because I'm smarter than you," than it is informative. Still, there may be gems to find among the crap. IOW, its little better than this newsgroup, and the NG is free.

Reply to
Max Dodge

A Corporate salve? A little dramatic imo. Yup, you pay a membership to get full access and to recieve a fairly informative 150 page magazine 4 0r 5 times a year, but you can read the info at no charge I believe.

You gotta be kidding!!! .

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Nope, not kidding. I was a member there for several years. At one point, they handed webmaster duties to a guy who hated Dodges and drove a Ford. Sadly, it showed in his attitude towards the members.

One guy got banned from promoting his product, even though people were asking him directly about it. So he had to reply in a manner which didn't answer the question. IIRC, he finally posted that he could discuss things in full on the phone, and left TDR.

There were other instances that made no sense where a member was shown the door for no apparent reason.

Finally, when TDR admins went noisily public about how they had taken the site from its actual founder, and then how they were suing him for starting another site, I discontinued membership.

TDR seemed far more interested in holding its status with Chrysler and promoting its own retail outlet than allowing free exchange of information. Maybe that has changed, but I'm doubting it.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Right, but for him to mention things he'd done as personal experience in a post, and then take crap for doing exactly what the site was designed to do seems a bit heavy handed. Either that, or they were exactly as I said, corporate slaves.

I prefer the FSM and experienced people, not websites.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Many website forums provide a wealth of good information. Currently I like dodgetalk.com and dodgeforum.com.

Reply to
miles

Unfortunately, most of the problems I encounter don't seem to be things the "average Joe" on a website can solve. This is likely because I've been turning wrenches longer than the "average joe", and when I need info or expertise, I must go to someone with more info than I. Out of all the people I've communicated with online, only three have had that level of knowledge. Each had a particular interest in the vehicle I sought info on. Each individual was either paid professional in his daily life, or a hobbiest who went above and beyond the normal owner.

Reply to
Max Dodge

I grew up tearing cars apart in my school days. Problem is that much of that isn't relevant to todays vehicles. Gone are the days of solving most engine problems with basic hand tools and a volt meter. On many websites I've found some highly skilled individuals and mechanics. You do have to filter out the non-answers.

Reply to
miles