lifetime warranty, not on diesels

after a few commercials talking about the lifetime warranty on all chrysler vehicles i decided that was the incentive i need to trade up. i unloaded my truck, cleaned it up, and headed to the dealer with the intention of buying a 4x4 dually with the 6 speed manual. when i got there however, i was informed that the lifetime warranty only applies to gasoline engine powered vehicles.

....to bad, i was looking forward to another new truck. nothing wrong at all with the one i have (although now that im towing heavy im wishing i had purchased a manual originally).

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

That is because the engine is made by Cummins and has it's own warranty separate from the basic 3yr/36k warranty. The engine is warranted for

5yr/100,000 miles. What is Fords or Chevy's warranty on diesel trucks?
Reply to
miles

...which makes it even better than anything dodge builds anyway.

What is Fords or Chevy's warranty on diesel trucks?

insignificant since neither ford or chevy builds a real diesel truck. ;-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

True but Cummins new 6.7l has had a good share of issues. Mostly with the new emissions system. Lots of turbos replaced and I know of two complete engine failures. Their flash update in June seems to have alleviated most of the problems but some have said its only a temporary fix. I sure hope Cummins solves the problems as I own a 2007 6.7L Ram. Only have 1100 miles on it and no troubles.

Reply to
miles