Dakota brakes

02 Dakota 4WD 3.9L, 48,000 mi. auto trans

Front pads are seizing up against the rotors on both sides. Has done this three times but not every time I drive it. After last time I pulled assembly apart--calipers seemed OK and I cleaned slide surfaces for pads but today it happened again so bad that I started to boil the fluid. Any ideas and suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
mowingy

Deteriorated rubber lines holding pressure in the caliper?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

This comes up every once in a while. Seems like the most common problem is a bad proportioning valve. If you don't regularly bleed your brakes, this could be the answer.

Reply to
.boB

The fluid is not returning to the master. HAS the master cyl ever been changed ??. Not sure on your's The older ones had an adjustable push rod between the Pwr Booster & the mastet. Needs like 1/4-1/2 turn.

Reply to
sqdancerLynn