Help: Door hinge bolts

Hi all, I have a '92 W150 shortbed, 318, 4x4. The wind caught my driver's side door the other day and now it's out of alignment. The hinge-to-body bolts are accessed (I assume) from under the dash but there's a steel skirt of some kind in the way. And it's not going anywhere, not without taking out the entire dash (man, there's a lot of wiring under there). So, before I get into this too deep, I thought I'd check with you folks. Is there a better way to access and loosen these bolts? The repair manual is no help and I can't find anything on the web. Thanks for your time,

-Mac

Reply to
Mac

I've never tried a door hinge on a '92 but if it's as involved as you say it is it's probably worth taking to a body shop. I'm sure they could re-align it for you. Estimates are free anyway.

Reply to
Nosey

Take it to a body shop Chances are the door itself is tweeked. May be corrected by shimming or adjusting the hinges.

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Thanks for the advice folks. As luck would have it I only needed to loosen the lower hinge. Adjustment complete. It actually seems pretty close, seals well anyway.

-Mac

Reply to
Mac