Sagging door (again)

I bought the hinge repair kit, pin and two bushings. I cut the old pin and got it out but I don't see how to replace the bushings since they fit between the hinge pieces. Does the door actually have to be removed or is there something else I am not seeing? It's the lower hinge, drivers door, 90 LX. Thanks again. Jim Jax, Fl

Reply to
Skunkfeet

Some may have found a way around it but it is easier (IMHO) to remove the door or support it to allow bushing removal. The flange on the busshing keeps the hinges from wearing. If the eye of the hinge has been worn out of round, don't expect the new bushings to last too long.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sorry if you already tried this, but did you loosen the hinge(s) and try to raise the door by lifting up on it while it's open? the trick is to loosen the bolts just enough so they'll move when you force the door up but won't move when you let it rest on it's own weight. you could also support the door while it's open with a floor jack (and padding of course), loosen the lower hinge bolts (tight fit, you may need to buy or modify a wrench to fit in there), lift the door a bit with the jack, tighten the bolts and check the alignment. If it doesn't line up repeat the procedures.

Reply to
Mark

Thanks for the input Jim & Mark. I'm going to replace the top hinge pin and bushings along with the bottom. That way the door can separate from the car without unbolting. Thanks again. Jim

Reply to
Skunkfeet