Help - Inside of Headlight Lens Fogging Up

Hi All!

The inside of my headlight lens on my 99 Sport is fogging up...passenger side. Is it possible to disassemble this unit to clean the inside of the lens or just get a new replacement assembly?

TIA for all help/suggestions.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

I had a similar problem with a '95 Ram (different truck, I know) when I lived in NY. I removed the housing, cleaned it out good, and drilled two 1/8" holes in the bottom of the housing to allow air flow. It still developed a little condensation at the very bottom, but not much at all. And only when the humidity was high. Which I guess was all the time. When I moved to CO, it never occurred again.

Reply to
.boB

Bob

Did you seperate the lens itself from the assembly hous>> Hi All!

Reply to
Fred

No, I didn't. After I removed it, I cleaned it out good through the hole in the back where the bulb was. Then drilled the holes and re-installed.

Reply to
.boB