Life of suspension rubber bushes??

Hi people,

Just put new tires on and had an alignment check to make sure of no excess tire wear. The heads of the rubber bushes in the top suspension arms look pretty crappy. The guy doing the alignment said they were fine.

Any mechanics out there that have an approximate time period to replace rubber bushes or do you just fix it when it is broken? It's a '95 1500 that I bought used in '98 so I am guessing they are the originals.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

The exposed part always looks like hell. It is the part that you can't see that matters. I'm sure that the guy doing the alignment would have loved to have sold you new bushings if they were needed.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Thanks Roy,

Was just checking as I have just put new tires on.

Roy wrote:

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that