rick myers

From what I remeber, yes. the hole in the camshaft has to line up with the hole in the bearing to suirt the oil into the gallery.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Come on, Greg. Not you too.

Read it again. I told him to make sure it was on the compression stroke to start with and even if all he's ever worked on is Chevy's he should know it needs to be on the compression stroke (top Dead Center) when installing a distributor.

-- Budd Cochran

news: snipped-for-privacy@news.radix.net...

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yep. Didn't I mention this? Sorry. The oil is supplied from the main bearings to the cam bearings, thru drilled passages in the cam journals, which have to properly line up, to feed the rockers.

-- Budd Cochran

Re-introducing

Reply to
Budd Cochran

It makes little difference really as all that has to be done is lifting the distributor and bringing up the #1 cylinder again.

Hey do you remember back when we didn't need to worry about oil to the heads? Just had to stop every few miles and squirt a little whale oil on the lifters.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Actually, all you need to do is find where the rotor points when No. 1 is at TDC on compression then install the plug wires in the correct order and rotation from that point.

Greg, ya'll been lyin' to us. Ya had me thinking you was younger than me, but since I ain't old enough to remember using whale oil, then you must be a lot older'n me.

Budd (feeling like a kid again.)

Reply to
Budd Cochran