OT Vacum cleaners!!!

Need some info. The wife's B'day is up next month. Anyway, I was thinking about one of those robot or whatever vacuums that run around by themselves, sorta like a pool vacuum. Does anybody use one? I was wondering how it would do on tile as well as rugs. Does it get hung up on uneven surface's? Do the things do a decent job? tia

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Are you sure that you want to buy her an appliance for her birthday?

Reply to
TBone

Sure, if it does the work by itself and she doesn't have to. Also thinking that if I decide to retire I'm going to own all the house cleaning. Been reading about them on

not much negative at all. They are called iRobot Roomba. Gotta think about it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

what, you wore out the old "machine" and need a more modern one???

FWIK, the robot cleaners are still expensive toys that need a lot of supervision and don't clean that well (yet)

It would be a lot cheaper to send flowers and get the vac later when she's along... and it's not her birthday, you romantic fool, you...

Mac

mac davis

Roy,

They aren't a true vacuum cleaner.

Take one of the old roll-back-and-forth type carpet sweepers that Dirt Devil used to make and add a simple robot turtle package to run it around.

You're still gonna have to pull out the big vacuum regularly.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Read here:

I'm looking at about 1500sq ft of tile and about the same with rug. If I can cut the time by 75% it might be worth it. You know watch a race or clean a gun while it's running around.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Roomba says that it sweeps and doesn't vacuum ( where's the dirt container, fan, etc.????).

It's your money. I wouldn't have one myself.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

B'Day..........vacuum cleaner... Friend, you ain't never getten any nookie again.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

You brought them????????

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Maybe I'll buy it and won't tell her. Then when she's out I'll turn the sucker loose, when she comes back it's a done deal.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

According to the write ups at that addy I gave you, they seem to work well. I'll take a lookat it, maybe try it, and if it is a pos return it.

Yup, that's why we are different.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

"Working well" is subjective to the evaluation skills of the user. A Globemaster dollar bin screwdriver will tighten a few screws before becoming worthless, but a more expensive Craftsman screwdriver will tighten screws for years, if used properly. Yet Globemaster still sells tons of screwdrivers to the unsuspecting public that thinks they work "well".

I was only trying to help make sure you would be satisfied.

Please remember that before you think about telling me I'm screwed up.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Sure is. That's why I asked if "Does anybody use one"? Those who responded on the epinions site are people who have used them, I hoped to expand on that by asking here. But that hasn't been the case so far.

I've been a lot happier with Snap-On than Craftsman. The only drawback to the SO is they are a pia to find in low light situations or at night.

Never heard of Globemaster.

I appreciate that Budd.

I'd never forget it. I don't think I've told you that you are screwed up. Perhaps you are starting to do some self evaluation?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I'll vote for buying her one! Then if you live to post about it, tell us your secret.

With 2 Jack Russels I doubt one would last very long here.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

How many "hairy legged throttle jockeys" do haouse work?

Rattle can them yellow or pink . . . . . .

That's always been my goal in life, to help others.

Yeah, ya have . . . .

Just quoting others.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Snap-On does make fine tools, but what's harder to find at night than a Snap-On screwdriver? A Snap-On truck. If I break a Craftsman tool that I can't do without to finish a repair at 5:00 on a Saturday evening I know where to get another one. Sears isn't on wheels. It's always in the same place, and it's open nights and weekends.

Reply to
Nosey

Very true, Snap On isn't in your local mall.

And this is why. The failure rate of a Snap On hand tool is pretty much nill.

This is a good thing.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I guess you didn't read the review after all. The biggest complaint is the fact that the dirt container is too small.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Reply to
TBone

That may be the problem, she may think that you bought it more for yourself than for her and that will get real negative. If you get her that, make sure to get some flowers as well.

Reply to
TBone