MAPI32 Error Popup window

I keep on getting this popping up, along with the odd bit of spam that seems to automatically open a file without me opening an attachment. I'm guessing this is a virus. Anyone else got it?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

no its not a virus its a MAPI error, I expect whatever newsreader you use is shafted, either that or windows is. Uninstall and reinstall the newsreader, if that doesn't work ditch the drive and rebuild it..

Reply to
Mark Craft

In article , AstraVanMan writes

Bit off topic here, isn't it?

Yes, it's W32/Swen. Get your machine cleaned up.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

newsreader,

WRONG !, It IS a virus, check here:-

snipped-for-privacy@mm.html

Reply to
Paul W

"Mark Craft" mumbled:

Oh yes it is!

Reply to
Guy King

probably this virus

Tim S Kemp

You've got the SWEN virus. See

Good luck - it looks like a bit a bas*AR* to clean up.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" mumbled:

Those of us who don't use common Windows email clients don't have the problem...we just have to deal with the flood of virus particles from those who do.

Reply to
Guy King