Tire Pressure on 05 Power Wagon ?

I have a new Power Wagon and was wondering if anyone out there knew what the tire pressure is supposed to be. Normally tires just say the max pressure but this one does not come right out and say it. There are 2 lines that say something like "max cold 65 psi" but what does that mean ??? I checked mine the day it arrived at the dealer (on the way home) and they were all 40 psi and the tires seem very firm. I am towing a 27 ft travel trailer all the way from Alberta to Southern California and back and I want to be correct on my tire pressures. I don't feel confident asking the dealer. They will just tell me what they "think" and not what they KNOW. Any other PW owners or tire experts out that know?

Reply to
NewRVguy

There is a sticker in the drivers door jam that tells the recommended psi..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And if you look at the packet with the owner's guide (gasp), there is probably a tri-fold pamphlet that tells you what the tire pressures are for unladen (2 passengers and 200 lbs of stuff) or laden (towing or fully loaded) driving conditions.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Surratt

Or maybe go to a "Tire Store" eg, Tirecraft, Kal tire, Big O and they would be more than helpful if they are any good at all!!!

Reply to
Lorne

THe recommand pressures are for when vehical is operated at maximum load capacity. If this is a 3/4 ton and you are not full loaded, you can get by just fine with 45 to 50 PSI and you never need more than

50PSI up front unless you hang a snow plow on it but you will need to raise rear pressure if you are loaded to the the max. Lower pressure will help ride a bit.
Reply to
SnoMan