truck differences

i own an '04.5 3500 SRW cummins powered 4x4, as well as an '05 3500 DRW cummins powered 4x4. both can be seen at

the '04.5 has the cummins 325/600 and the '05 has the 325/610. both are automatic and both have 3.73 gears. the '04.5 is however, noticeably more powerful than the '05. the '05 isnt weak by any means, but the '04.5 runs circles around it and i dont believe the weight of two extra tires makes that much of a difference.

at this point im trying to figure out of i got lucky and got a powerful '04.5, or if im unlucky and got a "weak" '05. any ideas why there would be a noticable difference? thanks,

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Rotating mass. IOW yeah, its the wheels.

Reply to
Max Dodge

....but we're talking a significant difference here. im going to remove the outer tires and the rear and try it. id bet i could put 1500 pounds in the bed of my '04.5 and still out accelerate the '05.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

What's the mileage on both?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

'04.5 - 19-21 unloaded '05 15-17 unloaded

not really applicable since the wifey drives easier than i do though. when i drive the '04.5 i get 16-17 depending on my mood.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

mis-type. 16-19.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nate, does you wife drive the slower of the two trucks most of the time? The putor learns and if babied that's what ya get. You can unlearn this by a couple of method's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

actually she drives the faster truck.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Well............... lol

Reply to
Roy

maybe she only babies it when he's in the truck ;)

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Okay - but I meant how many miles on each. :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

my apologies. mileage is nearly identical. the '05 has 30,600 and the '04.5 has 30,100.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier