Update-spare tire for 01 dakota

All I can find is this wheel is a 16x7,does anyone have the offset,etc by chance so I can order a wheel.Not 1 junkyard near me has a steel wheel but I want to ask them about a generic wheel as they have been searching for a dakota specific wheel.

Reply to
RH

You might want to try 1-800-used-rim. There website is

They may be able to help.

Reply to
chrisrogers76

Tire Rack dosen't have a wheel for it????

Reply to
Roy

You seem to be wasting an awful lot of time and energy researching something that's sitting right in front of you. Remove one of your wheels and measure it. It isn't hard. See:

Nosey

Can't really measure the width of the wheel with a tire on it. I know it's a

16" and it has 6 bolts,that's about it. I was hoping someone knew the factory specs on the wheels,these are factory wheels,not aftermarket.
Reply to
RH

Sure you can (close enough, anyway)...

  1. Remove tire & wheel from vehicle.
  2. Lay tire & wheel on flat surface.
  3. Using a stick of wood at least as long as the tire is in diameter, and a measuring tape, measure the section width of the tire.
  4. Using the stick of wood, measure from one sidewall to the rim where the tire bead seats.
  5. Subtract 2x the second measurement from the first measurement. The result is the width of the rim + 2x the thickness of the edge of the rim.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

I emailed tire rack,I hope to hear back from them soon :)

Reply to
RH

Pick up the damn phone, it is a toll free number!!

Reply to
Roy

When you work during their open business hours and cannot make outgoing calls without getting written up,email is the only route.Anyway they mailed me back within an hour,of course no standard steel wheels will fit it according to them. I use a 265/55 R16 tire, they said I have to buy an aftermarket specialty wheel for this tire.I find that very hard to believe as these are factory wheels on the truck.

Reply to
RH