Barchetta starting problem from cold

I have a strange problem with my 54-reg barchetta when starting from cold.

The engine revs by itself from about 1800RPM dropping almost to the stall, and continues for a couple of minutes or until its been driven half a mile. Neither the main dealer nor an independent garage can diagnose a problem, but it has been recently serviced and just had the throttle body replaced.

I'm hoping very much that an expert from this forum might be able to shed some light? Has anyone even had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance, Richard

Reply to
Richard Carter

Hmmm this sounds familiar.

My wife's Barchetta 05 model sometimes after starting 'modulates' for a short while. Not always, never over revs or stalls. Still under warranty and not really caused a problem so until now have considered it to be 'normal' and have not myself investigated any further.

I can't really offer any suggestions or advice at this stage. I'll speak to the boss and try and get some more info but I doubt that I'll be able to offer any information until I've actually been around when her car next does it and had the time to investigate.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

hi there,

try cleaning the "debimetro", I guess it can be translated with "inlet flow meter"... ;-)

cheers,

Reply to
Stuka

Thanks Nick.

Mine is still under warranty too, hence the replacement throttle body, but no joy. The independent reckon it might be something to do with the ECU or its mapping, although they also said Hitachi ECUs are usually very reliable...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Carter

Many thanks for the advice... I'm too technical though... where would I find the debimetro?

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard Carter

there are two possibilities:

step1 barchetta (1999): inside the throttle body

for any italian issues, do not hesitate to ask!

enjoy

Reply to
Stuka