GTO in the UK

Well, it's not called a GTO. It's a Vauxhall Monaro. Just like the GTO is the Holden Monaro. Not sure if it's imported from Austrailia, but I'm

*ASS*uming it is.

I was reading a few month old CAR magazine, a UK publication, and saw the advertisement. The UK's version is badge engineered, like the GTO is. However it's a right handed drive, and looks like it sports the LS1 engine from the power claims. Not sure why the power claims for the same engine are different for the US and UK for the same engine. The availability or different octane levels of commercial gasoline?

I thought it would have got the LS2 for 2005. I guess only the US gets it. And from what I've seen on LS1tech, looks like even Canada can't get the Goat. Doesn't meet Canadian safety specs. Can't find the link right now.

Reply to
Jimmy

I have a 2004 GTO........on the new Gran Turismo 4 PS2 game....LOL!!!! Man I love that car.

John King

Reply to
nobody