1998 Ford Explorer LMTD Brake Light Problem

I just found out my brake lights are malfunctioning. All three lights wont go on until I push hard on the brakes. The guys who changed my oil think its an
electrical short since all three back lights are not working. Could it be the Brake Light Switch or a full blown short? I'd also like to mention the fact that the lights on the radio don't work but the lights on my computer council and heat/air do. Can anyone help solve this dilema? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sounds like the brake light activation switch to me - either needs adjusting or replacement (I beleive it is near the pedal). Not sure why they'd think it was a short (of course it was an oil change dude ;-)
Read this forum http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t9115&pp and probably figure it out.
This site has a service where he will fix it for you (I've never used it though and some people don't like this guy):
http://www.shareamemory.com/radio /
Al