2000 Explorer 4x4 Transmission Flush Frequency

Had transmission flush performed Mar 05.....Oct 05 and 17K miles told fluid was black and like sludge and needed it again.....is this reasonable? What's a normal frequency? T

-- dkdjpd

View this thread:

Send from

dkdjpd

Looks like a troll to me. Year 2000 still has a dipstick, right? Or is this about the transfer case, by some chance?

HT

fluid was black and like sludge and needed it again.....is this reasonable? What's a normal frequency? Tx

Reply to
Happy Traveler

A five year old Ex with 17,000 miles on it... trans fluid is questionable.... I'd need to know how the vehicle is used.... the climate.... any special considerations... and I'd really have to wonder about "I was told" the fluid "was black and like sludge".

I'm not sure who's setting who up... but something is rotten in Denmark, and it ain't the cheese....

fluid was black and like sludge and needed it again.....is this reasonable? What's a normal frequency? Tx

Reply to
Jim Warman

Jim, I think he means 7 months and 17k miles later........ maybe not??

-- Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Dipstick......

I was hard pressed to believe it needed a flush in only 17K but it was a quick7 months.

This was on top of new front brakes and a wheel bearing it was a tough day.

Beyond that...tires...had to decline their offer for new tires....said I had an unusual wear pattern on the righ front. These Michelin's were 50K tires with 70+ on them.....still have tread.....figured I had overworked the credit card with the flush, brakes etc.....will do tires elsewhere...just because I hate to give all the business to the dealership ...

tx for the response

dk

-- dkdjpd

View this thread: