92 Exsploere Problem

ok ive had this 92 exsplorer for about 1 1/2 years now. ive put on a cold air intake thats built for a 95 honda civic just modified a bit. had it on sence january 08 and the performance was crazy. about 4 weeks now its been having a hard starting problem and when it gets going about

20 minutes into any drive it starts dieing with power. i cant get it over 3000rpms with out it droping and dieing, but in park or nutral i can red line it sometimes with no problem. ive changed the plugs, oil, even put in injector cleaner and motor treatment but still have had the same problem. use to crank on the first turn, now it wont crank untill the 4th or 5th try. and after a drive it has a hard time starting again and running unless i squirt some starter fluid into the intake just to purk it up to the sound i normally hear. when it does start i hear a rough sound from the exhaust till the engin gets going and it dies off to normal for about 20 minutes then its that rough sound again. anyone please, good, bad, young, "seasoned", any advice before i totally junk it or drive it over a bridge (no im not commiting suicide, its a joke) leave a sweet note for me to follow. thanks in advance!!!! oh by the way, if you want me direct, my email is snipped-for-privacy@live.com
Reply to
kane4life

You might have a bad fuel pump. Or bad fuel pressure regulator.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Maybe clean/replace your IAC, it can cause rough idle and stalling on start unless you give it some gas. Here's a link to good explorer site which may help as well:

Al

Reply to
Al Williams