95 EB - Will not start and Scanner cannot run tests

The car will not start after sitting for a week. It had been getting harder to start after sitting for just a weekend.

The code scanner will not run any tests. Can I take the PCM out and have that tested? I have already swiched the PCM/AC relays and this had no impact. Or what else should I do to diagnose?

Thanks, Bill.

Reply to
plex4r

I tested all of the fuses and this checks out. Does this mean the PCM or ignition module is bad?

Reply to
plex4r

The first order of the day is to find out why you can't communicate with the PCM.... First is to check for V_REF.... centre terminal on the TPS is usually the easiest and should be in the 4.5 ~ 5 volt range. If you have V_REF, leave the TPS unplugged and retry the scan tool..

A wiring diagram (or at least the connector pin out) is going to be mandatory for checking all the powers and grounds at the PCM connector if need be....

FWIW, my own preference is to load test powers and grounds... An old sealed beam headlamp is nearly ideal for this..

Reply to
Jim Warman