95 EXPLORER TRANS. FILTER AND FLUID CHANGE

I HAVE CHANGED MY FILTER AND FLUID ON AN ANNUAL BASIS. EVERY TIME THE JOB GETS DONE AND I TEST RIDE, THE TRANSMISSION SLIPS AND THE O/D OFF LIGHT FLASHES. I HAVE HAD THE VEHICLE FOR 3 CHANGES. THE FIRST CORRECTED ITSELF IN 4 DAYS. THE SECOND IN 3 STARTS AND THIS TIME IM IN DAY 3 SINCE THE CHANGE AND STILL HAVE THE SLIPPAGE AND O/D LIGHT FLASH. IT WILL NOT GO INTO O/D EITHER. I HAVE HEARD SIMILAR STORIES BUT NEVER ANY ANSWER WHY AND WILL IT CORRECT. IM READY TO HEAR ABOUT ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THIS. THANKS

Reply to
8765

I think your Shift key is stuck in the "on" position.

GETS DONE AND I TEST RIDE, THE TRANSMISSION SLIPS AND THE O/D OFF LIGHT FLASHES. I HAVE HAD THE VEHICLE FOR 3 CHANGES. THE FIRST CORRECTED ITSELF IN

4 DAYS. THE SECOND IN 3 STARTS AND THIS TIME IM IN DAY 3 SINCE THE CHANGE AND STILL HAVE THE SLIPPAGE AND O/D LIGHT FLASH. IT WILL NOT GO INTO O/D EITHER. I HAVE HEARD SIMILAR STORIES BUT NEVER ANY ANSWER WHY AND WILL IT CORRECT. IM READY TO HEAR ABOUT ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THIS. THANKS >
Reply to
Mike Mayer

what is a shift key?

Reply to
8765

It's in front of you and shifts the keyboard betwixt uppercase and lowercase..... the usual problem, however, lies with the "capslock" key and you have gone to the other extreme which is all lower case letters..... not much easier to understand but at least we don't feel like we're being shouted at.

The problem starts with the very first time you performed the service and gets worse every subsequent time. The transmission presented you with symptoms that went ignored..... the flashing OD light indicated DTCs were stored.... and the transmission slipped. Possibly related to fluid choice or fluid level..... Servicing the transmission annually sounds like overkill even in severe service conditions.... what was the fluid like, was the fluid level checked after the post service road test?

Sadly, this stuff isn't self-healing..... if the light goes out, it usually signifies the calm before the storm...

We'll at least need fluid level and condition and any stored DTCs to even begin a logical diagnostic process...

Jim Warman