Fan Clutch Nut on 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4

Does anyone know offhand the size of the fan clutch nut on the Explorer(1993). I have to replace the fan blade and I only have 1" and

22mm as largest wrenches. Thanks in advance
Reply to
nelsoninmaryland

I dunno. I used an adjustable wrench.

Reply to
Ulysses

It must have been a BIG adjustable wrench.

I think they rent them or loan them at some auto parts stores.

I think it is a 1 1/2 inch or thereabouts. And I think the thread is a right hand thread, meaning it turns opposite of most bolt/screw combos.

Reply to
Tommy Wood

No, it says right on the radiator shroud that it is a regular left-hand thread.

Reply to
Ulysses

Most bolts have right hand threads, meaning you turn the bolt clock wise to tighten. Left hand bolts turn in the opposite direction, counterclockwise, to tighten. Ron

Reply to
R&B