I've got this weird lump....

....well, it made you look, didn't it? Anyway, if you look at this photo of the floor of my '03 XLT, there's an odd lump under the carpet at the right edge of the frame. Does anybody know what that lump is?

dave

Reply to
Dave

It's a factory installed lump from the look of it.... enjoy it while you can. There are no TSBs or SSMs regarding the lump but I would think that if it evaporated overnight, there might be trouble. Good lumps are good and bad lumps aren't....... may all of your lumps be good ones...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Where's Sissy's gerbil??!!

Reply to
Bill Funk

Yikes....I stomped on that lump but it didn't die! Seriously, I was curious WHAT the factory had put under the carpet and thought somebody here might know. I'll eventually pull all the carpet and seats out to add sound deadener (serious audio fan here) and I'll finally figure out if it is indeed "benign".

dave

Reply to
Dave

I would imagine someone with the factory shop manuals would be able to find what's there.

Reply to
Bill Funk

Reply to
zoti

a little followup....pulled up the carpets today and under the lump was.....nothing. Well, almost. There are two threaded studs coming up out of the floor, but nothing else....weird.

dave

Reply to
Dave

Well, I'm glad it wasn't Sissy's gerbil. :-)

Reply to
Bill Funk