Overhead Light?

In my 2000 Explorer the overhead light comes on when a door is opened. My memory is that when I first purchased the car new in 2000 that when the door closed the light stayed on for 10-20 seconds, but I note now that it goes off immediately. Is my memory faulty about this, or does something break/wear out that changes that process, or have I maybe changed some adjustment somehow to bring about this immediate shutting off of the light.

Enlightenment appreciated.

Reply to
CWLee

If the ignition is in the "run" position, the lamp will go out immediately. If the key isn't turned on, it should remain illuminated for a short time.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks, Jim.

Something must be broken in my Explorer then, since the light goes out immediately after the door is closed regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not, and regardless of which of the various positions the key is in while in the ignition switch.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

========================

out immediately.