Problems with transmission

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer that is leaking transmission fluid and don't know where to. I also have a hissing or rattling sound when I step on the gas pedal. What could cause these problems.

Reply to
shortsweet

OK... I take it you mean that you are losing transmission fluid without any signs of external leakage. In a case like thsis. the usual suspect would be the transmission modulator valve.

There's a small plastic vacuum manifold on the firewall... check the hoses here for swelling of transmission fluid contamination. Swollen hoses can give you a hissing noise and the oil entering the combustion chamber will provide conditions the will result in detonation.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks for the info. When you mean detonation, do you mean the car catching on fire?

Reply to
shortsweet