replacing battery

want to replace battery in 2000 explorer.

battery dimensions of new battery (have not yet purchased) are 7 1/2H x 7

1/2W x 12L (inches). it is size 65 which i believe explorer uses.

the battery in the car is the same except the height seems to be a little less that 7 inches. it is the original battery (Motorcraft) and has a cover on it.

my question is will the new battery fit with the height being about 1/2" higher. i guess the question is will battery cables extend up another 1/2" to connect to new battery.

thanks

2000 explorer limited 5.0 v8 47K most power options
Reply to
stevef

If you are buying the correct battery for the car, it will fit no problem.... if, however, you are attempting to save a few bucks on one of those "fitz-all" batteries, I can't begin to guess.

Jim Warman