Slot in Console

We just bought a '00 Explorer XLT yesterday and can't figure out the reason (use?) for a 1" x 4" (approx) slot (opening) in the front of the center console. It has rounded edges and doesn't lead into the interior of the console. Can anybody help?

Thank you

Reply to
txgizmo

If it's the slot I think you are talking about, it's for tissues. If you open the console, you will see a little partition in the front. You slip a box of mini kleenex into it and the tissues are accessable from the front. They may be a little hard to find, but they were available at Ford dealer parts departments.

Reply to
Sy Cohen

Wal-mart sells them for a buck a box.

"Kleenex Mini's"

buy about 100 boxes though ! they don't hold much :)

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

Reply to
steve