Where is gear selector adjustment on 99?

In my Chiltons manual, it says for 92-99, the adjustment for the gear selector indicator thumbwheel is either under the steering wheel or on the indicator itself. I have a 99 XLT, I was wondering if anyone knew where it was and what is the best way to get at it.

Reply to
Mikepier

I found it. It was under the steering wheel. Just wanted to share with everyone that I did not have to remove anything to get to it. If you look under the steering column and follow the linkage cable for the gear shifter, it will lead you to a linkage arm and if you keep following it it will lead you to the thumbwheel. I don't know why the Chilton's book says you need to take a lot of stuff off, but you will need a flashlight and a flexible neck to get to it.

Reply to
Mikepier