99 gear shift indicator thumbwheel adjuster not working

Last year I had a problem with my shift indicator being off a little. I fixed it by turning the thumbwheel adjuster under the steering wheel. Now all of a sudden I notice the same problem, but now when I go to turn the thumbwheel, the shift indicator does not move . Any ideas what to do?

Reply to
Mikepier

Nevermind. Found the problem. Broken thumbwheel bracket. I did a search and apparantly it can be fixed with epoxy.

Reply to
Mikepier

On my '91 the sleeve for the little cable had cracked. I fixed it with epoxy.

Reply to
Ulysses