Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2013 Explorer test drive
I tried a 2013 XLT. Street handling has greatly improved over my '98. Rapidly turning the steering wheel right/left changed directions with virtually no body roll, but it "felt" much larger than my...
2
2

What's involved in replacing the fuel pump on a 92 explorer?
Fuel injected 6 cylinder
1
1

OEM or good alternative
From a past experience, I am leery about having non OEM (OEM means made by Ford, correct?) suspension parts used in the repair of my 1998 Explorer. Before I insist that the shop I patronize use Ford...
2
2

Intermittent keypad entry problem on 98 Explorer
I just started having an intermittent problem on my 98 Explorer numeric key pad entry system. The symptom is that I enter the keypad code sequence and I can hear the lock make a noise and the lock...

98 transfer case question
I was test driving a 98 Ford Explorer which was driving fine until I tried the 4W drive switch which is when the transfer case began to make a loud noise..... my question is, if I don't use the 4W...
2
2

Security system question
"I have a 1999 dark blue ford explorer that's just taking up space and need= s to go. Everything on it works like new but only one problem. The security= system has everything on it locked. We bought...
2
2

Ford Truck Design - it's 1992 again
Was out running errands and saw a nice new Ford Pickup truck coming up behind me. Noticed that the whole design has come pretty much full circle over the past 20 years as far as the "design lines" of...

1998 ford explorer power lock on rear hatch not working!
1998 ford explorer power lock on rear hatch not working! You can here motor operating, but doesnt unlock or lock -

spark plug question
I would appreciate any thoughts on what, if anything, these plugs are saying... lean, rich, too hot, too cold, whatever. they are from a 92 explorer with a low rpm miss. It scopes out fine yet misses....
52
52

explorer is clunking bad!!!
Hey there. Is there something called a kick down or kick back? I think it is malfunctioning because it clunks in reverse and it is really bad. Does anyone know about this?

1998 Explorer Ball Joints
Hi, I need to do some basic repairs and maintenance (remove interior trip, troubleshoot wiring, replace ball joints, etc) on a 1998 Ford Explorer. Is there an online source where I can download a free...
1
1

94 Ford Explorer 4x4
94 Ford Exp 69K. 4x4 is not working. Some times the lights next to the selector buttons on the dash will both light dimily. Nothing is heard when pressing either. Some times the lights go out. The...
3
3

Replace ignition coil - 2002 Esp XLT
I have a 2002 Explorer XLT v8, bought new. Less than 70,000 miles on it. Mostly no problems. A couple years ago it started randomly missing. Asked dealer twice to check , they said could find no...
2
2

2002 2WD 4.0L stalling problem
Hi All, My Explorer stalls if I run it for a minute or two, turn it off, the restart. It starts then stalls. When the outside temp is higher (above 70F) the problem is worse. No Check Engine light,...
4
4

ECM code question
Have a no-start 1995 Explorer. Cranks, no start. Got a code from ECM that translates to Fuel Pump Secondary problem. But there is voltage going to the pump. Where it is parked ai can't get under to...
1
1